What We Do
Create the wedding of your dreams within the beauty of our outdoor Pavilion, which provides a rustic setting with a pond and waterfall, and gorgeous wooded surroundings. You have choices…and we can provide the setting to help you create a beautiful and intimate day without the cost of a big wedding or an impersonal courthouse ceremony. Make your dream a reality…and say your vows within the beauty of Brookside Pavilion’s surroundings.
Call us to reserve your moment in time for your Elopement, Intimate Wedding, or Vow Renewal Ceremony, or to provide the perfect setting to ‘Pop the Question’. Our beautiful surroundings are also the perfect setting for your professional Engagement or Senior Photo sessions.
In order to be married in the state of North Carolina, you must obtain a Marriage License from the Register of Deeds office. Below are the marriage requirements:
- Marriage licenses are issued from 9:00 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, holidays excluded.
- Both applicants must be present. You must provide a current, valid photo ID and a Social Security card that is NOT laminated. If the Social Security card is not available, a tax return or a legal document with the applicant’s name and Social Security number on it will be accepted.
- In an instance where an applicant is not eligible for a Social Security number, an Affidavit attesting to this fact will be provided at the Register of Deeds office.
- If either applicant has been married previously, the month and year of when the previous marriage ended is required information on the license. Applicants that are divorced within 30 days prior to the application of the marriage license must provide a certified copy of the divorce decree.
- The marriage license is valid for 60 days anywhere in the state of North Carolina and there is no waiting period.
- The application fee is $60.00 and is payable by check, cash, or credit card.
- Applicants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Applicants that are 14 or 15 years of age must obtain a court order authorizing the marriage.
- Applicants that are 16 or 17 years of age must provide certified copies of their birth certificate and be joined by the parent or parents, institution, agency, or person who has legal custody with documented proof of that guardianship.
- Due to extreme circumstances such as hospitalization, military deployment, etc., it is sometimes not possible for both applicants to appear at the same time. In this instance, there is an Affidavit in Lieu of Personal Appearance that can be obtained in the Register of Deeds office, completed, notarized, and returned by the second applicant.
- Temporary photo identification cards issued by NCDMV are not accepted.
We know how fortunate we are to live in these beautiful mountains, and we want to share it with others who are looking for a beautiful place for their intimate occasion.
When we were married, we searched for a beautiful, intimate venue where we could tie the knot with our family present, and we struggled to find a place that was not only affordable, but would accommodate us. We are now available to offer you the type of setting we wished we had been able to find.
The waterfront property is located on land that has been in our family for over 100 years and has been meticulously maintained. We hope you will take the opportunity to come and explore and see for yourself what Brookside Pavilion on Featherstone Creek has to offer.